rEcess provides a safe place for children with special needs; one that allows them to be around others like themselves. It is a day crafted for them, not merely accommodating them. rEcess also allows siblings to join in on the fun and gives them opportunity to meet other children. For the parents, this day exists to provide a place to connect with families like their own and build a loving community around them. The program also allows parents some time off so they can do whatever they want or need to do.
TIME AND LOCATION
10AM - 2PM
Every third Saturday of the month
Kidz Spot (1403 E. Lambert Road, Suite D, La Habra, CA 90631)
SIGN UP HERE
PARENTS | REGISTER HERE
**New families, please make sure to fill out the parent packet and/or sibling form when you sign up. Thank you!
**Interested in volunteering? Please fill out this google form here. Thank you!
MEET OUR TEAM
Currently a children’s ministry director at Ekko Church, Fullerton
Master’s Degree and Multiple Subject Teaching Credential in Elementary Education at CSU Fullerton
Her 7 years of working with children allowed her to experience the joys of enriching their lives and increased her passion for serving children with special needs.
Esther Kim Moon
Currently works in the fashion industry
Multiple Subject Teaching Credential from CSU Long Beach
Special Education Credential from CSU Dominguez Hills
- Worked as a teacher in moderate/severe special education classrooms for 2 years
Currently working as a Speech-Language Pathologist at the elementary level
Master’s Degree in Speech Language Pathology at Nova Southeastern University
B.A. in Communicative Disorders from CSU Fullerton
Janet K. Duh
Currently a Speech-Language Pathologist (CCC-SLP) at a middle school and adult transition program
Masters Degree in Speech, Language, and Hearing Sciences from San Diego State University
B.A. in Psychology and B.A. in Sociology from UC San Diego
Currently working at a medical publishing company
Pursuing a Masters in Public Health at USC with an emphasis in Health Education and Promotion (graduating in Spring 2017)
- B.A. in Sociology from UC San Diego
Rina Yoo Kim
Pursuing to be a Registered Nurse
Currently a Patient Care Technician/Certified Nurse Assistant
Bachelor's Degree from UC Riverside in Psychology
- Her dream is to one day work with children and families from all around the world and is enthusiastic to be a part of the difference.
How much does it cost to attend rEcess?
- Each monthly rEcess is offered to all families free of charge.
When is rEcess?
- We meet every third Saturday of the month.
Does rEcess provide therapy?
- No, rEcess is not a behavioral or physical therapy session
Are volunteers trained?
- Volunteers are not Behavioral Technicians; however, they are trained and given background checks.
Will there be onsite medical attention?
- In the case of a medical emergency, there will be a designated on-site medical professional.
What age group is rEcess for?
- Ages 1 to 12
Is space limited?
- Yes, space is available on a first-come first-serve basis.
How do I get my child on the list?
- If you are interested in attending rEcess, please fill out our Parent Packet and/or Sibling form, which will enable the rEcess team to assess whether or not our program is a good fit for your family and if we are currently able to accommodate your attendance. Both forms are available on this website under "Sign Up Here." While we hope to serve the entire community, invitations are contingent on sufficient space, volunteers and need.
Is food provided?
- Due to dietary restrictions and allergies, we do not provide food. Families are asked to bring food for their children.
Caroline Kim | firstname.lastname@example.org